LG Electronics LN5300 42LN5300 42-Inch LED-lit 1080p 60Hz TV
- You won’t believe your eyes. LG?s LED technology delivers amazing brightness, clarity and color detail.
- Get nearly double the pixel resolution of standard HD with Full HD 1080p resolution.
- Getting your picture looking great is easier than ever with Picture Wizard.
- You won’t believe your eyes. LG’s LED technology delivers amazing brightness, clarity and color detail.^Get nearly double the pixel resolution of standard HD with Full HD 1080p resolution.^Getting your picture looking great is easier than ever with Picture Wizard.
This was my fourth LG TV and I really wanted to like this. I have three other LG TV’s in the following sizes, 32″, 47″ and 55″. This is the 2013 year model and my other TV’s were from 2011 and 2012. When the TV arrived I unpacked the boxed and noticed a 4″ x 4″ bracket that was not listed in the manual. After looking at it again, I noticed that it was a Joey mounting bracket from DishNetwork’s Hopper system!!! Now how did that get in there? It was even wrapped in the white foam like the rest of the TV. After looking closer at the box, there was two rows of tape on the top of the box sealing it closed. I hooked up the TV and it powered on for about 4 seconds and then turned off. After 1/2 of trying to get the TV to stay on, I called LG’s support and they were of no help. After changing to a different power cord, the TV would stay on for 4 minutes and then turn off for 15 seconds and then back on. The next morning I tried it again and it would not stay on for more than 4 minutes without turning off. My final thoughts were that this must have been returned and somehow reshipped out. So I had this TV returned and a replacement sent. The next TV did the same thing!! Agh! I decided to move this TV to another room with a different Sat Receiver and HDMI cable just to make sure there wasn’t a problem in that room. The results were the same. 8-(. I hooked up my old TV and it is working great, so it is not a power or Sat problem. The 30 day support from Amazon was refreshing!! No over seas support and they were located in Oregon. The tech went through the usual fixes for this type of problem and it looks like another defective TV. Thumbs up to Amazon and their return process, but thumbs down for this model so far. I did notice that this model is stripped down in that it will not play video through the USB port like two of my other LG TVs. It looks like the newer models will not play video unless it is a higher end version unlike last years models. 8-( What’s up with this LG???? I will most likely check out the Samsung version of this TV now. On a side note, when I could get this TV to power on, the picture looked much better than the Vizio 26″ model it was replacing, but the Vizio got the last laugh as lest it would stay on!
Incoming search terms:
- lg 42 led model ln5300
- 42ln5300 turns off
- lg 42 ln5300 play video thru usb
- LG Electronics LN5300 42LN5300 42-Inch LED-lit 1080p 60Hz TV
- lg ln 5300
- lg ln42 5300
- LG tv LN 5300 led 42 inch
- lg tvln5300
- whats better samsung 5000 or lg ln5300